Your practice may have the perfect patient satisfaction scores, multiple success stores and a wonderful clinical and support team – these factors have no value if you do not bill for your services appropriately. Apart from the compliance and audit perspective, ensuring accurate, efficient medical coding for the services you provide is what impacts your bottom line, and success!
Medical coding turns medical reports, containing patient’s condition, diagnosis, prescription etc. into a set of relevant codes that eventually become a basis for a claim. It is intricately tied to the process of medical billing and is an important facet in practice management.
Medical Coders take information that is filled in the medical record documentation and assign appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes. This is then developed into an insurance claim, which indicates how much the insurer owes for the care, and helps determine how much the patient will be billed.
In 2016, NBC reported a 7 to 75 percent error rate in medical claims. In 2010, the Office of the Inspector General reported that 42% of Medicare claims were improperly coded and 19% of these claims lacked sufficient documentation. The AMA, in 2018, stated that unbundling code, using multiple current procedural terminology codes for parts of a procedure, and upcoding were the most common medical coding errors.
Irrespective of the error rates, whether 7% or 75%, ensuring proper billing practices saves you from fraud, and enables you to maintain a profitable business.
At MedConverge, our AAPC and AHIMA certified medical coders are up-to-date with the latest industry changes, whether ICD10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS or others. We also provide specialty medical services including: Nephrology, Radiology, Cardiology, Orthopedics and Pediatrics.
The MedConverge Advantage:
- Custom Services based on what your practice needs
- Certified, experienced coders who go through regular training programs to stay abreast with updates on CMS and AMA guidelines
- Quality Assurance: 97% accuracy, with a strict adherence to deadlines
- Continual Improvement: Our account managers consistently communicate with and gather feedback from your team to ensure accuracy.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement: Accurate coding is based on correct clinical documentation. We help our clinicians with tips and feedback on methods of improving documentation
- Process oriented: Our, almost 20 years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle management has taught us that without protocols, documentation, and workflows – it is very difficult to achieve or track success
- Tailormade Reporting Capabilities
Get in touch with us at email@example.com for more information.